Friday, May 25, 2012

Creator God, I hear You...


Creator God, I hear you in the beauty of humanity...

...where human hearts beat after the Father love of God, loving our neighbour as ourselves (Mark 12:31)
...where human minds seek wisdom and understanding through the Holy Spirit, obeying everything Jesus taught (John 14:23)
...where human hands are moved by the compassion of Christ to do for the least of these brothers of mine (Matt 25:40)

Creator God, I hear you in the brokenness of humanity...

...because you cry out when hearts are hardened and love is over-shadowed by hatred.
...because you cry out when minds are closed and conform to the standards of this world.
...because you cry out when hands inflict violence and injustice upon the weak and vulnerable.

Creator God, I hear you in the belief for a new humanity…

...as I listen to your cry and align my heart with the Father so that it may be broken by what breaks yours.
...as I listen to your cry and am transformed by the Spirit through the renewing of my mind.
...as I listen to your cry and embrace the mission of Christ to "preach good news to the poor, proclaim freedom for the prisoners, recovery of sight for the blind, release the oppressed, and proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." (Luke 4:18-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment